CLERK OF THE COURT
Filing through the Florida Courts e-Filing Portal in
the Second District Court of Appeal
Optional e-filing by attorneys commences August 19, 2013, followed by mandatory e-filing by attorneys on October 1, 2013. At this time the portal does not accept submissions by pro se litigants.
- The February 18, 2013, order from the Supreme Court of Florida setting standards for e-filing through the portal can be found here.
- The June 24, 2013, order from the Supreme Court of Florida authorizing e-filing in the Second District Court of Appeal can be found here.
- The second district's administrative order requiring all appendices submitted electronically to be bookmarked or hyperlinked and searchable can be found here.
- The second district's administrative order relieving attorneys from submitting e-mailed copies of documents that are e-filed can be found here.
- The second district's administrative order addressing electronic transmission of records can be found here.
- The second district's administrative orders addressing case initiation documents submitted by lower tribunal clerks can be found here and here.
Registration and Resources
- Register for the portal at this site. If you have previously registered with the portal there is no need to re-register to e-file in the second district.
- Video training provided by Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers on appellate e-filing is available on this page. Under "Educational Videos" on the left look for "DCA Attorney requires WebEx player." Hit the WebEx player link and download the appropriate .WRF file. Then hit the DCA Attorney link to watch the video.
- The Florida Courts E-filing Authority page lists many resources.
- Florida Court Clerks and Comptroller's screenshot manual to appellate filing through the portal can be found here.
- The State Court System Webpage can be found here.
- The Supreme Court of Florida posts a page on the portal with helpful links.
- Assistance from clerk's personnel at the second district is available by phone at (863) 499-2290 or by submitting an inquiry to email@example.com. Please exhaust your examination of the step-by-step guides accessed below before seeking assistance.
Tips on e-Filing
- Submission of back-up paper copies of documents filed through the portal is not required or welcomed.
- Bookmarking appendices in the second district
- What not to name a document.
- How to create a bookmarked pdf appendix with Adobe Acrobat X.
- The clerk of the second district discourages filings through the portal option "Case Number Pending." Before submitting a document in that manner please consider alternatives the clerk may suggest. He can be reached at (863) 802-6429, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- E-filing a request for oral argument may pose challenges solved here.
- While the portal converts MSWord and WordPerfect documents to pdf, these conversions are at times imperfect and Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers and the second district strongly recommend e-filing only pdf documents.
- Suggestions for additions or corrections to this page may be submitted to email@example.com.